Collection of Articles in Chemistry
Editors : Prof. Pradeep D. Lokhande and Dr. Vikas V. Gite
Forewords : Prof. D. N. Patil, Director, Academic Staff College, Pune University, Pune, India.
Published, May 2012,
A4 Size, Pages : 203, Print in Black
ISBN : 978-81-906027-7-8
Invitation Price : Rs. 300/- (Softbound Print Copy), Rs. 100/- (PDF files on CD)
* Postage and VAT charges extra.
(Only Few Copies Available in Print)
This book is a college of articles, research papers and presentations given by the participants during the Refresher Course in Chemistry and Biochemistry conducted at Chemistry Department, Pune University, Pune, India for teachers in Chemistry (10 - 30 May 2012).
It is an interdisciplinary book containg different topics from Chemistry and Biochemistry. This book is a valuable source of information for teachers, scientists, graduate students, and researchers.
Contents (Authors Name in Italic) :
- Dimensional Analysis : Problem Solving stratergy in Stoichiometry Calculations, Abhijit P. Chavan.
- Nutraceuticals : An overview, M. S. Deshpande.
- Crystal Field Theory, Rajaram Pandurang Dhok
- Possibilities of utilizing the oilseed cakes for value added products : A Review, Pooja J. Doshi
- Advances in Polymerization, Vikas V. Gite
- Acid Rain, Sambhaji M. Kale
- Dyes, S. H. Kawade
- Electrophilic substitution reaction of aromatic ring like benzene, S. S. Kolekar
- Introduction to Asymmetric synthesis, Pravin C. Mhaske
- 'Sky is the Limit' - Review on recent Nobel Advancements in Chemistry, Satish D. Mitragotri
- Thin film deposition techniques, Rekha M. Ovhal
- Catalyst developments in Hydroformylation reaction, Nitin S. Pagar
- Determination of molecular weight of polymers, Prafulla S. Patil
- Importance of drug and pharmaceutical industry, P. N. Patil
- Polymerase Chain Reaction - A Versatile and Robust tool in Molecular Biology, Suvidya H. Ranade
- Novel routes for synthesis of nanostructured materials : Radiation Chemical Techniques, Geeta K. Sharma
- Radiation chemistry as a tool for basic and advanced research in Chemistry, Kiran Kumar K. Sharma
- Corrosion, R. K. Sonawane
- Supramolecular Chemistry - Important Concepts therein, Santosh S. Terdale
- Water Pollution, G. P. Waghulde
- Dehydrogeneration of Tetrahydrocarbazoles and its utility in Natural Products Synthesis, P. D. Lokhande, Vivek Humane
- How to do research in undergraduate college laboratories (?), A. N. Sonar